Connect with us

World

North Korea prepares anti-South leaflets amid heightened tensions

Published

on

North Korea prepares anti-South leaflets amid heightened tensions

North Korea is planning to send anti-South leaflets, denouncing South Korea as well as the defectors from North Korea, said the state press on Saturday, a retaliation for the leaflets from South as the bilateral tensions increase.

The angry North Koreans across the nation are preparing for the launch of a big-sale leaflet distribution, said the state news outlet KCNA.

N Korea has put the blame on the defectors from the country for circulating the leaflets at the border as well as threatened the military action. Pyongyang, on Tuesday blew the inter-Korean liaison space to portray their displeasure against S Korea and the defectors for not halting the launch of the leaflets.

On Saturday, the unification ministry of S Korea, which looks after inter-Korean dialogue, informed that the plan of N Korea to launch leaflets was regrettable. It also urged N Korea to call off the plan instantly.

A group, led by defectors from N Korea, on Friday said that it had called off a plan which involved sending several plastic bottles full of medicine, face masks and rice on Sunday to N Korea by dumping them in the sea close to the border.

Both the Koreas, which still technically are at war because their 1950-1953 conflict ended sans any peace treaty, have waged the leaflet campaigns since decades.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

World

Australia closes state border for first time in 100 years after COVID-19 spike

Published

on

Australia closes state border for first time in 100 years after COVID-19 spike

Starting Tuesday, the border present between two most famous states in Australia will remain closed for an unspecified period as the authorities struggle to contain the coronavirus outbreak in Melbourne city.

On Monday, the move announced is the first time that the border built between New South Wales and Victoria has been closed in hundred years. The officials previously blocked the movement between these two states back in the year 1919, at the time of the Spanish Flu epidemic.

However, this move will probably be a major blow to the economic recovery of Australia as it advances towards first recession in almost thirty decades.

The no. of coronavirus cases have surged in Melbourne in the last few days, prompting the authorities to implement stringent social-distancing measures in thirty suburbs as well as place 9 public housing blocks in complete lockdown.

Melbourne reported 127 new coronavirus infections overnight, which is its biggest spike in one day since the time the outbreak started. The state has also reported 2 deaths, taking the overall toll to 106.

Notably, Kensington is among the thirty suburbs which have re-imposed the social distancing initiatives. The 9 public housing towers, which have been ordered to be placed in complete lockdown, are located in the neighboring Flemington and North Melbourne.

Continue Reading

World

China launches draconian measures to slash birth rates among minorities

Published

on

China launches draconian measures to slash birth rates among minorities

China has launched draconian measures in order to slash the birth rates among the minorities- the Uighurs community in particular- as a part of its campaign to reduce Muslim population.

Media reports suggest that the nation has introduced a systematic and widespread campaign to reduce the birth rate in the minorities.

This campaign, which has been going in since more than 4 years in Xinjiang’s far west area, is now leading to a kind of demographic genocide as per the experts.

The media reports indicated that the state subjects the minority women regularly to pregnancy check and pressurizes sterilization, abortion and intrauterine devices on most of these women.

Even when the utilization of sterilization and IUDs has dropped nationwide, it’s rising in Xinjiang sharply.

The measures to control population are supported by detention as a punishment and a threat both in case anyone fails to abide to the regulations.

The major reason why individuals are sent to the detention camps is because they have too many kids. Meanwhile, the parents who have 3 or more kids are ripped away unless they are capable to pay large fines.

The police raid houses, terrifying the parents while they look for hidden kids.

Continue Reading

World

Saudi Arabia says hajj to go ahead with ‘very limited numbers’ amid coronavirus pandemic

Published

on

Saudi Arabia says hajj to go ahead with 'very limited numbers' amid coronavirus pandemic

Only around 1,000 Muslims, who are inside the Saudi Arabia’s kingdom already, will be permitted to attend one hugely pared-down variant of hajj for 2020 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, announced the officials on Tuesday.

The ones who wish to take part in the highly-anticipated pilgrimage headed Mecca should be below 65 years and must agree for quarantine prior to and post the event.

The officials had been cancelling the yearly pilgrimage since the last few weeks due to fear of coronavirus. However, they settled on letting only a limited no. of individuals to attend the pilgrimage in the ninety year history of the Saudi Arabia kingdom.

In a virtual media conference on Tuesday, Muhammad Benten, Minister, Saudi Arabia Hajj said that the officials are reviewing the number of people who would be attending Hajj so that it can be a little more or less than 1000. The event generally draws over 2mn people from across the globe.

Just the worshippers of several nationalities within the kingdom would be permitted to participate, which is a major blow to the Muslims globally who have waited to make the trip.

Notably, the kingdom is among the highly infected coronavirus region in the Middle East, having reported over 161,000 cases, including around 1300 deaths.

Continue Reading

Trending